Google+

Friday, April 25, 2014

Trying for Tribunal

I have been somewhat busy with Spring on the farm, and preparing for the Tribunal.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much time left over for posting on this Blog.

The case law research necessary to keep our Appeal alive takes up a considerable amount of time, especially when I'm an pure amateur.

So far, I have 11 pages of notes for responding to CFO's Motion to dismiss our appeal.  Those note may be all garbage, or may keep us alive; it's hard to know if I'm on the right track.

I must file our response by May 2nd, so I have just 7 days left.  An email to me that includes your name and address will be sufficient; a signed letter with your name and address is even better.

I have had some interesting conversations in the last few days that will hopefully help if we make it past this Motion to Dismiss that has been filed by CFO.

There is a lot at stake.  I'm feeling the pressure.  I'm still hoping that you will send me an email or letter that I can use to support our cause by including it in our response to CFO.

Tell me why it's important to you that this Tribunal hearing proceeds.  The main issues at stake are:
  • CFO's 300 bird limit for Small Flockers
  • Openness, transparency, & accountability of CFO and OFPMC
  • Right of Small Flockers to have a say in CFO and the rules CFO imposes on small flockers
  • Locally produced, safe, nutritious, & affordable chicken for all
  • Other?
If your info and opinion are to be included, plan on sending it to me before the end of April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Off-topic commercial spam that's posted so as to help sell your wares will be deleted.

On-topic comments, where you behave yourself and play nicely, will remain posted; whether they are pro or con. Everybody needs to fully understand all points of view so that we can find a solution that encompasses everybody's concerns. Give it your best shot.

If you decide to post, your posting becomes part of the public record, and SFPFC has full rights to use it (or not) in any reasonable manner or medium that suits our purposes.

Before posting, please proofread, and correct as necessary. If you subsequently discover a need to fix your previous posting, make an additional posting that refers to the original posting, then set the record straight.