Google+

Friday, April 5, 2013

What will Maple Leaf Foods do?

Now that we have passed the word on arsenic being added to chicken feed (see this Blog posting), lets find out what we've been eating in Canada over the last little while.  Maple Leaf Foods is one of the "big boys" in the Canadian chicken market.  Let's see what they have to say.
Dear Maple Leaf Foods:

I understand that arsenic has been fed to some commercially raised chickens since the 1940's but this practice has now been banned in Canada as of Aug 2012.

Was there arsenic in the feed for any of the chicken previously sold under the Maple Leaf brand?

If yes, when did Maple Leaf (and/or your suppliers) stop adding arsenic to the chicken feed?

Has Maple Leaf fully implemented the ban on arsenic in chicken feed?

How can you be sure that the arsenic ban has been 100% implemented for Maple Leaf chicken?  For example, have you done independent sampling and testing for arsenic?

I sent the above inquiry to Maple Leaf Foods through their website as of 12:15 PM 2013/04/05.

What do you think Maple Leaf Foods'  response will be?

Do you think:
  • they will ignore it
  • threaten legal action
  • claim proprietary trade secrets, so they can't talk about it
  • respond in a fully open and honest manner
  • send SWAT undercover para-miltary types to have a heart-to-heart discussion with me
  • something else
Fill the Blog with your ideas.

Whoever has the first posting with the most correct answer will win a small, insignificant prize and world-wide Blog fame.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete

Off-topic commercial spam that's posted so as to help sell your wares will be deleted.

On-topic comments, where you behave yourself and play nicely, will remain posted; whether they are pro or con. Everybody needs to fully understand all points of view so that we can find a solution that encompasses everybody's concerns. Give it your best shot.

If you decide to post, your posting becomes part of the public record, and SFPFC has full rights to use it (or not) in any reasonable manner or medium that suits our purposes.

Before posting, please proofread, and correct as necessary. If you subsequently discover a need to fix your previous posting, make an additional posting that refers to the original posting, then set the record straight.